Friday, July 8, 2016

Evaluate 3.1.1

This first image represents the question statistics from a quiz given in my GSE Advanced Algebra course:
I would use this data to inform how I would run my next synchronous session.  I would look at the questions that the least amount of students were successful on and review those types of questions.  For instance, only 18.18% of students got Random Question 23 correct - so that concept is one that definitely needs to be revisited with students!

These are the individual student grades for the students in the same course (from the same quiz above).

If time allowed, one idea to help those students who scored below 70% would be to "lock" their test until they went back and revisited specific content pages that covered this topic.  If the timeline was tight, that might not be the best plan but it is nice to know it can be done! When I am grading a quiz, I often categorize my feedback for students.  For those students who got a 70% and below I would include resources that they should go back and review and possibly even send an email home to let the parents know they need to do these things before taking the test for that unit.  For those students who scored 70%-85%, I would look at the specific questions they missed and give resources for those questions (i.e. if a student misses a question about factoring sum/difference of cubes, send them a link for that one idea).  If a student makes an 85% or above, then I would just give them some words of encouragement or include a fun stamp! 
*This post is the collaborative work between Alice Johnson, Heather McCormick and Cameron Wood


No comments:

Post a Comment