Saturday, July 2, 2016

Communicate 3.2.1

Effective communication with stakeholders is essential to the online learning environment.  One method of communication I utilize is a "Resources Newsletter" - this Smore holds a plethora of information for students.  I house old help sessions organized by Module along with resources I've made and that I have found on the internet.  This method of communication is mostly for students but it is helpful to tell parents about it too so they know that their student has the means of finding answers for their questions.

At times, a phone call is the best way to contact a stake holder - usually after I call (and especially if I do not get a response) I will follow up with an email to the parent and student.  Either way, it is an easy way to document the call to follow up with an email and just re-state everything that was said over the phone.  This way the student and parent can refer back to any advice I offer and I have the call documented.

Email is a vital aspect of online learning and usually the main method of communication.  Stakeholders should get "Course Update" emails as often as needed. Here is an example of one I sent this week to my summer school class.

No comments:

Post a Comment