Friday, July 8, 2016

Create 1.1.2

Content Maps are great for outlining a project.  I find that outlines help me to know where I want to end up and they give cohesive-ness to the entire project.  I like to create "bullet point" content maps that contain the key elements with any ideas I'd like to remember "bulleted" underneath the big idea.

One aspect of online learning that can really benefit from a Concept Map is development.  This is my 2nd year working on a development project as an SME and before we begin, we are asked to create "Project Plan's".  In this project plan we decide how many modules there will be and what standards will be covered,  what the assessments will be in that module, and we go ahead and write the Introduction Paragraph.  Making all of these decisions at the beginning helps to do the following:

  • Organize standards to be sure each standard is met
  • Ensure assessments are consistent and cohesive throughout the course
  • Keep the language similar throughout the course 
Here is an example of my Project Plan Overview (for the first two modules) 

*This post is the collaborative work between Alice Johnson, Heather McCormick and Cameron Wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment