Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Navigate 1.1.1

This past school year, in my face-to-face classroom I "flipped" the classroom.  So my students watched videos I made for homework and answered questions embedded (use EdPuzzle.com) and then we spent our entire class period practicing those skills.  The videos I made would be an example of asynchronous learning since students could do them at any time, while our class time might be seen as synchronous learning since we were all together (although not necessarily online!).  It would be very cool to do synchronous sessions rather than recorded videos but I believe that scheduling that would be challenging for me (because I want to go home and relax!) and for my students who are highly committed after school.  I have considered offering some sort of synchronous review session time for students but have not found the right forum to make it work!

The great thing about asynchronous learning is that students are able to access it at their own pace and at their own time.  The awesome thing about synchronous time is that students are able to ask the instructor questions! Ga Virtual offers students a nice blend by giving them a self-paced course but then also offering weekly synchronous sessions!

No comments:

Post a Comment