Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Participate 1.1.3 Ideal Digital Learning Community

The ideal Digital Learning Community would be the following things:

1. Organized & User-Friendly: Being able to find what you need... quickly! When I go to check out a Digital Learning Community the first thing I do is look at the headers and see where I need to navigate to.  Sometimes its "About Us" to figure out what this site is all about, sometimes its "Course Offerings" to figure out how I can utilize this website.  Being able to quickly see these items is paramount to me spending time exploring a website.

2.  Participatory - I would want my DLC to have some sort of aspect where students/teachers/people can participate in what is being presented.  Whether they can submit articles, share stories or help one another - there needs to be something that encourages the digital community.

3.  Encouraging - The purpose of most of the DLC's I explored was learning or helping one another to some sort of goal.  So having "badges" or "trophies" and recognizing those accomplishments is a valuable aspect of a DLC in order to encourage people to come back and accomplish what they set out to learn in the first place!

No comments:

Post a Comment